Increasing borrower incomes along with a continued housing shortage have offset the impact of rising mortgage rates.
In a somewhat odd trend, rising mortgage rates are moving in tandem with increasing housing prices in many markets, leaving some housing analysts to explain this non-customary situation.
Typically, rising mortgage rates result in leveled off or even falling home prices because fewer people can afford to buy and typically that trend eventually cools a torrid housing market.
Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:
- Unlimited access to GlobeSt and other free ALM publications
- Access to 15 years of GlobeSt archives
- Your choice of GlobeSt digital newsletters and over 70 others from popular sister publications
- 1 free article* every 30 days across the ALM subscription network
- Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications
*May exclude premium content
Already have an account? Sign In Now