By Aldo Vazquez | AAA Arizona
PHOENIX — Cruising is back.
New AAA research found 41 percent of would-be travelers say they are considering a cruise in the future and AAA Travel booking data shows 2022 bookings are nearing pre-pandemic levels.
“The travel sector is experiencing a rapid increase in demand as local governments across the world lift pandemic-driven restrictions and people feel more comfortable traveling again,” said Rolando Flores, Senior Vice President of Membership and Travel for AAA Arizona. “Cruising is a popular choice for travelers looking for an experience where the journey is as important as the destination.”
Survey findings also discovered:
• 23 percent of Americans (58.3 million) are considering a cruise in the next two years.
• 52 percent of millennials say they’re ready to return to the open seas.
• 41 percent of Americans who are likely to cruise have an understanding of COVID-19 risks.
• The all-inclusive experience, quality time with family and friends and shore excursions top the list as the most attractive aspects of a cruise vacation.
The survey questions were administered as part of NORC’s biweekly AmeriSpeak survey of 1,101 US adults between December 16-20, 2021.
AAA can help navigate the open waters.
“If you’re a AAA Member, our complimentary travel agents are here to help you before, during, and after your trip.” Flores said.
A seasoned travel agent can help you with:
• What to expect while on board and while visiting ports or participating in offshore excursions.
• Vaccine/testing requirements and safety protocols for individual cruise lines.
• Cancellation policies.
• Travel insurance options.
• How positive COVID-19 cases are handled (for yourself, other passengers, and crew).
For more travel tips and information, visit AAA.com/travel.